Monday, June 09, 2008

The Problem with the Church

Screaming Babies, Ringing phones and Hyperactive kids
Besides the fact that the church is far too commercialized these days, I think the other problems that they face are during the mass itself. I go to church because I want to pray and I want to be able to concentrate. I want to be able to be one with God. Now how am I going to be able to do that with so many distractions? Irresponsible and inconsiderate people are the number one cause for this deficiency. These people are sinners! Why are they sinners? Well, by not controlling their children and by not ensuring that their phones are set to silent, they are depriving many people of fulfilling one of the commandments - keep holy on the sabbath day. It is far worse than violating any of the commandments itself. It is equivalent to violating the commandment at least 50 times, or more depending on the number of parishioners.

I feel that the church should address this more, and emphasize it. How can we be deprived of adhering to one of the commandments and being a good Catholic?

Hillsongs, Youth Groups and City Harvest
Another problem with the church these days is the many youth groups or denominations that are springing up. I mean, the intention is definitely good. They want to praise God, they want to be good people. Fair enough. However, what they are doing wrong is their extreme evangelism and commercializing. Hill Songs for example. Yes, they are good because they provide praise and worship. But their intentions are wrong. Do you know how many CDs, DVDs, posters, and other marketable things they have sold? Do you know how much revenue that brings in? This should not be the way.

Then there are the youth groups nowadays that are honestly a bit radical. Usually, it's because of one of the leaders who everyone commits the fallacy of authority. They believe whatever this person says because they believe that this person is wise beyond all of them. I've personally known some to actually bring up ridiculous ideas like how Harry Potter is evil and that none of the group members should read it or be deemed satanic. What nonsense!

The biggest and perhaps most infamous example is City Harvest. They are nice people in general and I personally know quite a number of them. However, they are a cult! I mean what God-loving/fearing Christian group would tell people that they would go to hell if they did not go to church? That is not the way! You guilt people into attending your services, and you brain wash everyone with your ideas. I mean some of the values may be good such as donating money to help the poor, but to implant ideas such as giving 10% of your salary to charity is quite hypocritical. Why stipulate a percentage or a number when donating does not constitute numbers? Donations are something that you give out of the goodness of your heart. Then have you seen their services? A big hall in expo for services? Whatever happened to the good old-fashioned worship? I mean sure, you can pray anywhere, but with their church getting so much money to build a nice church somewhere in the west and to pay for the expo rental, you can only imagine how rich they are. I don't have evidence, but I'm pretty sure it's quite obvious their funds are not going to the poor as much as they should be.

These youth groups and hillsongs are pervasions to Christianity. The extremism and radical thinking is fast becoming comparable to those of the extreme Islamic cults. Is a crusade on the books now? There are so many hypocrites out there and there are so many gullible people. If you follow these groups blindly, you will end up blind. You will resist and attack any attempt to enlighten you about your plight and you will only deteriorate to the point of no return.

With that said, the Roman Catholic Church is the true Christian church. Other denominations are known as protestants who broke off from the church in the first place. So those Christians who think they know it all, please read up on your history and stop criticizing us for being traditional. We never broke away from God in the first place. I don't mean this to offend Christians out there. You are all good people. I meant this for those hypocrites and perverts of Christianity. If you are Christian, I welcome you with open arms. However, that doesn't mean I cast away the other religions. I don't care if you're Hindu, Shinto, Buddhist, Muslim or Taoist. As long as you have good morals and values, you are my brother (or sister). Those whose values are misguided, I will guide you. But if you are on the dark side, sometimes it is too late - you are lost. Still, I will not give up on you.

2 comments:

buta chan said...

yello! I'm slacking. like, prob will study for 2 more hours then give up and go to sleep. all the best for tmr!! :) :) I see u've linked TWO of my blogs he he. I shall link u too.!!

lala said...

Amen!

ya. ok. i'm a Protestant Christian so i'm not Amen-ing to the part of where true christianity lies, rather, the appalling perversion of some christians. :)