I went for a cognitive psychology experiment today. It required me to remember things I did before the age of 10. Quite honestly, I had my doubts about remembering much but upon further thinking, I amazed myself by remembering quite a lot. Perhaps it wasn't really memory.
There was this process in my psychology class called the DRM Memory Demonstration. Basically what happens is that someone would be convinced that he/she had done a particular thing during the earlier part of their lives. For example, they would say, "hey you remember when you used to run around the lawn stark naked?" and they would get the some witnesses to second it. Now, the person has never done that but because of the convincing, he/she would go away thinking about whether he/she had done it. In many cases, they would return saying, "yeah...I think I might have done that"
No comments:
Post a Comment